- 62,518 (47%) kids in Delaware would participate in an afterschool program if one were available
- 21, 404 (14%) kids were on their own and unsupervised between the hours of 3 and 6pm in 2020 in Delaware
- 16, 237 (11%) kids in Delaware participate in afterschool programs
- 3, 088 kids in Delaware participate in a 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) program—serving children living in high-poverty areas and attending low- performing schools
- 81% of Delaware’s parents say afterschool helps them keep their job and 85% say it helps provide them with peace of mind
Source: Afterschool Alliance 2020 America After 3PM report
You can join Us
What We Are Doing
DEAN raises awareness of the impact afterschool, out of school and summer programs have on youth success.
DEAN gathers, analyzes and shares data to drive improvements in afterschool, out of school and summer practice and policy.
Creating Meaningful Bridges
DEAN provides intentional and meaningful bridges between leaders of schools, communities and families in order to better support youth learning.
Establishing and Strengthening Structures
DEAN establishes and strengthens structures, pathways and principles for high-quality afterschool, out of school and summer programming.
School Related News
From Our Blog
Here is the seemingly reasonable expectation that President Biden and his administration laid out at the start of
More than two and a half years later, the cumulative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
In October, a 15-year-old boy was shot and killed on his grandmother’s porch in Washington D.C.,
What People are Saying
The Delaware Afterschool Network advocates for all afterschool programs in Delaware and ensures afterschool professionals have access to local and national professional learning opportunities.
I found my leadership voice while participating in the Delaware Afterschool Network and National Youth Leadership Council Service-Learning Random Acts of Service Video Project! I feel more confident speaking with peers and adults about the challenges in our community and how to address them.
During the pandemic, my child’s afterschool program has helped with remote academic support especially homework help.
Parent, Sussex County